To demonstrate leadership in the division you are assigned to through staff management and job management using positive reinforcement.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interact with president, shop and field personnel, suppliers and vendors consistently.
- Communicate effectively with employees to ensure smooth operation of shop.
- Ability to read blueprints and carry out the plans from the inception of the project to the end.
- Provide support and direction to operators, etc... in the field as well as in the shop.
- Enforce disciplinary action.
- Conducts safety meetings consistently or designates another person to conduct meetings.
- Wear P.P.E as required.
- Good driving record.
- Ability to make sound decisions if or when challenges arise at the shop or in the field.
- Mechanically inclined and ability to learn our specialized equipment.
- Knowledge of DOT regulations.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, use of internet and e-mail.
- Knowledge of job specific safety practices.
- Ability to lift fifty pounds or more as needed.
- Must be able to stand on concrete for long periods of time.
- Ability to climb or crawl on equipment often and be able to get under equipment to work on it.
- Exposure to heat, cold, rain and dust on a regular basis.
- Some travel to job sites as needed.
- Noisy environment.
- Fumes and smoke.