To operate a concrete cutting machine with the highest priority of achieving accuracy.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must be able to operate grinder proficiently and with minimal supervision once trained.
- Interact with inspectors, DOT personnel, and Engineers as needed.
- Communicate with DSI drivers to ensure smooth production.
- Must be mechanically inclined & inspect and maintain equipment.
- Determination of changing diamond blades.
- Must be safety conscious in all conditions.
- Wear P.P.E as required.
- Class A drivers license with tanker endorsements, good driving record, complete inspections, logs, & fuel reports.
- Ability to make decisions in difficult grinding conditions.
- Mechanical ability to troubleshoot and repair equipment.
- Knowledge of job specific safety practices.
- Ability to lift fifty pounds or more as needed
- Must be able to stand on concrete for long periods of time.
- Ability to maneuver on or around equipment & be able to get under equipment to work on it.
- Exposure to heat, cold, rain and dust on a regular basis.
- Extensive travel and long hours away from home.
- Noisy environment.